×

Should I buy land in wife's name or give money as gift to her to buy

Can I Give money as a gift to my wife to buy Agricultural Land or Can I Buy Agricultural land in my wife name . the expenditure will be made by me. I am hindu brahmin by religion

You can give gift to your wife or you can purchase the agricultural land on her name in both the cases you have to pay proper tax and Stamp duty to the government. You can not save tax in both cases but you can take benefit of rebate in stamp duty of one percent when you purchase land in the name of your wife