Share of mentally ill brother over deceased father's property

We are 4 sisters and 6 brothers. My father expired in 1992 and mother in 2000. All brothers and sisters are married except one brother who has some mental illness and undergoing treatment. My elder brother is not willing to share the property for the sick brother. What is the way out?? Can we sister claim in our parents ptoperty and transfer it in name of my sick brother?? Pls advise.

Answers (1)

176 votes

you all ten are entitled to get an equal share in property i.e. 1/10 each.Anyone of you can file partition suit in the court. If one of your brothers is mentally retarded, anyone of sister may pursue the suit as his legal guardian

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles