Separation of property of grandfather

I need clarification pls help me My grandfather had 3 children (1 son 2 daughter) . 1 daughter died in 1991. Son (my father) died in 2004. My grandfather died in 2009. 1 daughter and my grandmother alive. My grandfather didn't make any will legally. Now need to know how to separate (how many shares) my grandfather property. My grandfather had 2 house but instead of 1 house was he sell it and purchased 4 land . Inthat 4 land he registered 2 land himself name and 2 land he registered in her alive daughter name . Now we have 1 house and 2 land in my grandfather name.

Hope your grand father was a hindu and based on that assumption in the case of intestate succession all the properties other than which was registered in the name of the living daughter will devolve upon the living heirs .

As your father and another aunt died before your grandfather, their sons and daughters also shall be entitled to a share each, together with your grandmother and the surviving aunt, by virtue of intestate succession. Total shares four.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli