Selling a jointly owned house property without co owner's consent

I have jointly brought a house with my cobrother and now he is willing to sell his share to a third party as I’m not ready to buy his share.also the house is not divided. The third party owns a house besides our property and so he is ready to buy my cobrother’s share. My concern is it would be a problem for my share if that third party buys from my cobrother. So it is possible for me to restrict my cobrother in selling his share to that particular third party? Please advise

Find out what are the terms on the basis of which you jointly purchased the property and clearly mention your share and your co brother has the right to sell his share . what you can do is to buy his share but you can not stop selling his share unless it is mentioned in your terms of original purchase.