Secretary not Transferring the share certificate

Society is not Transferring the share certificate in my mother's name, This is my father's property. My father had nominated me, after my father's death I have given no objection to transfer the property in my mother's name.we have submitted the required documents like affidavit and indemnity bond along with copy of death certificate as well as the membership form & nomination form 2 months ago now the secretary is saying it will take 3 more months to decide in AGM please guide me what should we do?

Answers (3)

140 votes

I can draft a legal notice / letter to the secretary instructing him/her to do the needful. I will cite the relevant provisions under law as well as state your rights. Get in touch with me if you want to do this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

70 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Nomination does not transfer ownership;
2. You need to procure letters of administration;
3. Also you need noc of all other members;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
75 votes

Dear Querist,
Secretary has to transfer it on basis of your affidavit and indemnity bond but issue is secretary wants to be on safe side and hence may insist on a succession certificate/legal heirship certificate.
Also ask him, he can publish a public notice to call for any claims.
But you can always take a written opinion from an advocate and submit it to your society.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles