Sale of own share of jointly owned home with vertical partition

Hello Sir,I am Hindu by religion.My father had given me 2 sathak of land.Me & my brother had jointly construsted house with vertical partition in between.My portion is in within 2sathak of land ,which my father had given to me.Now i want to sell my portion can i sell my house.

Answers (2)

280 votes

Yes you have the right to sale your share of property by fulfilling the legal procedures. Kindly come to our office for the proper solution to your problem. The full procedure of selling will be held by us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

As you said that the 2 Satak land belongs to you and both of you have constructed house upon a mutual partition upon it, hence it is clear that both of you are aware and agreeable to accept and acknowledge each other's portion, in such case you can certainly sell your portion, as you have said that the same belongs to you only. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles