sale of my father's self acquired property (my father is still alive)

My father is selling his self acquired property and he has also taken token advance from prospective buyer towards this & It is expected to take around 3 months to complete the sale transaction. Since my father is very old & sick, is it advisable to obtain power of attorney on me & my brother's name to execute the sale of property in the unfortunate event of his demise & to avoid any dispute from my sister (married). We also have 1 married sister, however, my father has decided to gift the money out of this ale to me & my brother.

Answers (1)

173 votes

Hi sir/madam, if your father is not able, you can take GPA from your father and to sold the said property. If your father demise after you and your brother and your sister is having equal rights over the said property if your father no left the WILL or disposal any way during his life time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles