Sale of inherited land what is the procedure

I am a Malaysian citizen, a Hindu, married to an Indian citizen, holding OCI, presently living in Thrissur. My siblings and I jointly own inherited property from my late mother who was an Indian citizen. I hold the power of attorney of my siblings issued in Malaysia for sale of property. Kindly advise as to procedure I have to follow.

Answers (2)

114 votes

You have to adjudicate the power of attorney fist. Kindly consult with legal expert and seek clarification with regarding to the said power of attorney and remove the ambiguity if any. Feel free to contact

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

If the power of attorney is not adjudicated then it will adjudicate before the district registrar at Thrissur. Then execute a sale deed in favour of the buyer . OCI person can accept the sale consideration through bank .So all the transaction of money done through your bank accounts.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles