Sale of ancestral property without consent of other claimants

My grandfather had some property. He had 3 sons of which my father was the eldest, the youngest one sold all the property without the consent of any of the 2 brothers. The middle one got his share. Rest of the money was used to purchase property in a different state. Now the middle one of three siblings, my father is no more, and I am planning to sue my uncle for my share, I am 23 years old now. What should I do?

Answers (2)

280 votes

Hi.first of all is your grandfather is live during the sell of that your grandfather made any will.if your uncle sold property after the death of your grandfather and there is not any will.than you defiantly demand your father share from your uncle.please collect all documents which show link with the purchased property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

First of all u should have to confirm that either the property in dispute is ancestral or not. If it is ancestral then you need to file a suit for declaration for getting the declaration of your share andl also challenge the sale deed being illegal null and void, and a suit for permanent injunction should also be filed for restraining the owners from alienating the same. These all suits be filed in a single suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles