Sale of ancestral property without consent of one of the legal heir

 i am talking about ancestral property, My grandfather before his demises he has written his property of the name of this grand children (i am one of them). Now i have some problems with my parents and my brother, without my knowledge they are trying to sell the property. i am residing in delhi and working for our nation, at time i am not available at the place of my ancestral property. sir Can u please suggest me what to do now

Answers (3)

273 votes

you can challenge the sale of such property by filing a suit for declaring the sale is null and void and you can also seek partition of the schedule property you need to file suit by paying appropriate court fee

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

199 votes

don't worry about you are share .you will get you are share by way of share of property /Partition suit.(required your, proof of legal heir certificate/family member certificate )
if you r family members may sold with out your consent ,you can send legal notice them and also purchaser, stating that you are a owner of the share in that property and cancellation of the sale deed .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
141 votes

They can sell their undivided shares of them but you can stop it untill it is divided among you any how better to solve your problems with your parents and brother and divide the property and fix boundaries

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles