Rights over the ancestral property of living since 36 years

I'm living in a house since 36 years. The house was my grand grand father's and gifted to my three uncle. Now they are claiming and want to sell the house. Do i have any right on that property. Can i buy it in negotiable price?

Answers (2)

291 votes

Since the house is gifted to your uncle and you and your father perhaps are not gifted with any part, the uncles are absolute owners and can alienate the property in whatever manner. Since you have been living for a considerable time period, you can not be evicted without due process of law which basically takes decades time period if you fight tactfully and well before the Courts. Hence do not leave your possession without getting a beneficial negotiation. Whether you can purchase the property in negotiable price that could be ascertained after dialogues with your uncles, try to clear your stand that you are not going to leave your possession without due process of law and then negotiate that may give you a better deal. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

104 votes

since it is gifted to your uncles there is no right of you in that particular property. but yes you can claim it. since you are staying there for more than 36 years, your uncles must offer you first for sale. if you deny or fail to buy then only the property can be sold to others.
if necessary you can move to the competent court for such claim.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles