Rights over fathers property if he dies without any will

Before doing the will our father died.I have 1 younger brother and an elder sister.My mother is also alive.Now who has the ownership of that property.The property was in his(Father) name.Religion-Hindu

Answers (3)

176 votes

after the death of your father all his legal heirs, you, your brother, your sister and your mother are the legal owners of the said property. each of you holds 1/4 th share of the said property. for more better advice more information is needed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

As per the Hindu Succession Act 1956, if a male Hindu dies intestate (Without making any Will), the property shall devolved upon the First Class legal heirs; you, your brother, your sister, your mother, all fall under Class-I legal heir, hence all of you four shall be the absolute owners of the property having undivided proportionate 1/4th share each. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
131 votes

Respected Madam/ Sir..
I read your matter very carefully and I like to suggest you that according to the Hindu Succession Act both your Mothe your sister your brother and you are the legal heir of the property.
For further progress please contact me; everything is taken care by me and my team.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles