Rights of wife over husband's property purchased jointly

Hindu house wife is eligible to get an ownership right in immovable Hindu husband's property? Money was paid from joint account & wife had also contributed. however , share certificate is only on name of husband. After demises of husband she is sole owner?

Answers (2)

Dear Client,
Wife has first right in Husbands property. She is Class-1 legal heir. After the death of husband she can claim her rights.

If any other the authority or management committee of society is not ready to co-operate you will have to move Court for getting justice.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If sale deeds stands in the name of your late husband, then in eye of law he is absolute owner of the property. After his death, all legal hairs will inherit share in it. If you have strong evidence to show that the consideration shown in sale deed is paid by you to some extent, then you can file suit for such declaration of your ownership. Your success is totally depends upon nature of evidence you have if any.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We belong to a Sunni Muslim family. My question is. My wife purchased a property and made a registered Will for my daughter. That daughter will be own…

Read More

My sister is having some family issues regarding the property. That is her mother in law does not want her husband to make the nominee of any of his p…

Read More

who is the owner of assets of father after expired? sons or wife who will get first priority…

Read More

My mother is the second wife of my father. He married her after the first wife's demise. My father has a son and daughter through the first marria…

Read More