×

quesRights of married(but left by Husband)daughter in Ancestral Property?

Sir, I want to know that Whether There are any law for a married daughter, which gives her right to take part in her father's property? I'm leaved by my husband since last 18 year and by selling door to door biscuits &domestic product, I takes care of my 3 children without any permanent income source &lived in my father's house. My brothers going to divide the ancestral home and land, and force me to get out from this property. I have no place to stay besides this my father's home. Please help me. Please tell me what should I do? I have no enough money to pay rent of rental homes.

Post 2005 amendment a daughter (married or not) has the same right/share as a son in the coparcenary property i.e. in the property which your father has got from your grandfather or if your father brought property out of funds given by your grandfather.

Your brother cannot push you out of the house and you can claim you right by filing a partition suit in the Court. 

• ansmadam, presently daughters have an equal share in the ancestral property with their brothers. Do not sign any document relinquishing or surrendering your rights in the property. No sale can take place without your consent. You may file a partition suit for your share in the property

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansEvery daughter whether married or no has an equal share in the ancestral property of her father's property. Your brother cannot push you out of the house and you can claim you right by filing a partition suit in the Court.

Advocate Kanika Bhutani

Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi

• ansYes, post 2005 amendment a daughter (married or not) has the same right/share as a son in the coparcenary property. I.e. in the property which your father has got from your grandfather or if your father brought property out of funds given by ur grandfather ..
    Please take an appointment for detailed consultation ..

Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

Jor Bagh, Delhi