Rights of a son on ancestral property after his father's death

Hi, After death of my Grand Father the property got transferred to my Grand Mother and later she passed it to her 3 Sons through a gift deed. It is a 3-katha, 3-chattakh land with a 2-storied construction at around 1000sqft. My Father was the Senior among 3 brothers and I am his only Son. Unfortunately my Father has got demised on last year' Nov. Now eventually I am trying to append my name and my mother's name in the mutation certificate. That means it will become 4 owners after that. My question is, after that do I have equal rights like my 2 uncles and my mother? Please explain. Thanks..

Answers (2)

277 votes

the total property will have 3 shares: 1 your 1st uncle, 2 your 2nd uncle and 3 you and your mother.
you and your mother will get the share of your father jointly. not the equal shares of your uncles.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

128 votes

Since your father was the owner of the undivided proportionate share of 1 Kattah 1 Chittacks and the 1/3rd of the house, as he died intestate, i.e without making any will, you and your mother jointly become the owners of the undivided proportionate share of 1 Kattah 1 Chittacks and the 1/3rd of the house, accordingly you can mutate the said share in your and your mother's name jointly. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles