Right to sue when land already sold before appeal in district court

Hi, I have a question regarding a land dispute- we have won in lower court, however the other party went in to appeal in District court in the year 2010. and after a few year the person who went in to appeal died in the year 2014, so a application of LR was moved by his 5 sons who claim they have purchased this land in 2004 via a registered GPA from there father. However,one lawyer suggested that the suite is not maintenable as the person who sold the land lost the right to Sue once he has sold the land and further he could not have gone to appeal in district court. but the court allowed his sons to become LR and continue with the suite. Please advise if the Lawyer who advised the suite is not maintenable is correct and do we have grounds to take this matter to higher court. Thanks,

Answers (1)

266 votes

Hello client hru.
I have received Ur query by lawreto in which Ur. Saying ur in litigation regarding the property matter which was in litigation by two people due to the sale of a property with the help of GPA only..in this matter this matter can only be dealt in the condition when full case has been read and understood then only it can be nsaid with full confidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles