Right of way to a land locked property

29-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Having a landlocked property near to trivandrum. We were using a 3 feet walk way for more than fifteen years, But the same is mentioned in any documents. Some another way is mentioned in very old common land records, now the same got partitioned several time and nothing got mentioned about walk way in the recent property documents. Now one of the neighboring land owner closed the way... Is there any way to get opened the walkway, which we were using for so many years?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
725 votes
Yes.You have to file a civil suit before Munsiffs Court for injunction restraining the neighbour from causing any obstruction or from altering tge nature and lie of tge pathway.Contact me before approaching any civil lawyer
Answer #2
796 votes
An easement right cannot be said to be crystallized unless it had not been continuous enjoyment for a period of twenty years or more. Situation could be different if it could be established to be an easement of necessity. As regards to the way mentioned in the documents, no definite suggestion is possible unless the said documents are perused.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."