Right of daughter to ask share in inherited n acquired property

Family has a 3 sons and 1 daughter. Inherited land and aquired land is on the name of grand father. And some aquired land on my mother name. Recently land from my grand father name is changed to my mother name through MRO office. Now both father( 2004) and grandfather(2013) are died. Lands are in my mother name. Religion is HINDU. My question is about what rights does 1 daughter have to ask her share? Does land goes to only 3 sons ?

Answers (2)

125 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate @ lawrato.com

As per the Hindu Law both sons and daughters have equal right in the property which is acquired through ancestress by their parents, so that property should be divided equally among 1 Daughter and 3 sons.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

as per the section 14 of the hindu succession act if the daughter shall also be treated as coparcenor and you can claim your right if your mother died intestate along with your brothers equally and basing upon the circumstances of the case

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles