Right of children to get equal share of property in mother's name

I have a doubt, my father's has 4acres of agriculture land and he written all the 4acres on my mother before he die 35 years back and we r five childrens to our parents 3girl childs and 2 boy child's iam the 2nd child of my parents and now my younger brother transfered all this 4acres in his name without informing anyone so can we file a case agonist him? Are we geting equal share if he file a case against him

Answers (1)

In your problem you have stated that whole property is belonged to your father and you informed that before his death he had transfer it to your mother.

here you never mentioned the mode of transfer to your mother.

Any way, if it was legally transferred, then your mother will treated as the absolute owner of the property and she is having full rights to transfer the same to any one .

here you first confirm that how your brother transfer the property from mother to him means mode of transfer. If it was transferred to your younger brother by mother under a undue influence or miss representation then said transfer can be challenged.

Here if the father died intestate then all his Representative get equal share in the said property.But the property was transferred to your mother before his death. So mother will become the absolute owner.

Please confirm if the said transfer is illegal. Is so you can challenge the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

my brother is trying to sell the property in admist of dispute with stay orders,can he be able to do that.…

Read More

My grandmother executed a settlement deed of her property in 1943 and due to this my father got his share of land property measuring 9.62 acres in Put…

Read More

I am 61 year old Ex service Man. We are two brothers, my younger brother is taking care of all the property in Pune. We have two properties. One house…

Read More

My father and mother died,my brothers are four members I also,but my brothers are not sharing the property and lands distribution.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue