Remedy for separate land partition but brother want half of both plots

My husband and his brother has 2 land property.the land was in both name. We want a separate land partition but his brother want half in both land. Each land was only 3 cent. When it comes half it has oly 1.5 we told give as sepearate land but his brother want half in both land. Both land has same value and same sq.feet. give some suggestion

Answers (2)

188 votes

file a partition suit in the court and the court will decide the partition and the division of the land without affecting the rights and wishes of each party. it is advisable to approach the court at early instance. even in court mediation you can make an amicable settlement regarding the partition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

Both brothers have to reach an agreement for sharing one landed property each without dividing them. There is no legal solution to this issue. If the extent and the value are the same, it should not pose any difficulty.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles