Refusal of easement rights of property as been using since 30 years

I have purchased the land from one of the two brothers. I and his brother were enjoyed the common path to the land from past 30 years which is in govt land(Poramboku land). At present he has illegally occupied the govt land completely and he is not allowing me to use that common path to my land. Now, I don’t have any other path to reach my land. What is the legal step to get back the common path right to reach my land.

Answers (3)

60 votes

1. You can make representation before concern Tahsildar, RDO, and Collectorate.
2. If Tahsildar didn't take any action within a month, you can file a writ for direction to direct the tahsildar to evict him from
the poramboke land.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

299 votes

You have to file a suit at the proper court for establishment of your easement rights and for rightful access to your land. You may also file a police complaint against that person for encroaching upon poramboke land.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
103 votes

You can file suit for declaration that you have easement right. Until the declaration is given you can obtain Stay (interim injunction) against the said brother from restricting you to use the common passage.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles