Re- segmentation of property verbally segmented between brothers

dear sir, i want to know about re-property segmentation . my grandfather verbally segmented property 3 years back between sons that was incorrect . can it be re-segmented again in the legal form.(property include farming land and house).kindly advice it can be done again or not.

Answers (2)

57 votes

Dear client,
Tell me one thing , is it self acquired property of your grand father or ancestral property or joint family property? Thr verbally singmention is legally valid but it is very difficult to prove before the court of law. Hence it can be challenged before the compent civil court and due to limition I can't explain in detail.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

156 votes

The facts are not complete..I guess the property in question was an ancestral one? Also do all the parties feel the said segmentation to be incorrect? And all of them want re segmentation?is your grandfather alive,?? Where the property in question is situated??Pls clarify all these things..

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles