Query regarding mother's right to gift father's property

In our Hindu family, ‌can my mother give the property in her name, acquired by my father, after his death, to my brother only thru gift deed, without informing me which I knew from others?

Answers (3)

292 votes

Transfer of property , if your mother is lawfully owner of the same, she can do the same in a lawful manner.She should notify her intention to all concerned in a lawful manner before effecting such transfer of property. The property thus transferred is required to required to be lawfully registered and Mutation action is be completed in accordance with the extant legal provisions.Aggrieved person(s) should contest such transfer of property in the court of law of appropriate jurisdiction.These are the general legal guidance.For suggesting specific legal relief,I need to peruse all the subject property related available documents.You may contact lawRato for further instructions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

159 votes

yes she can give because legally it is her property. to claim back the property or a share of that property, there may be some way out. but it can only be resolved if you meet me and we can have a detailed conversation over it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
174 votes

If your father died without making any will then the share of father's property of your mother which she will get by inheritance, she can only gift that part of property to anyone through gift deed or any other medium. You will definitely have a right of share in your father's property after his death. Kindly contact me

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles