Query regarding challenging a Relinquishment Deed & Gift/Sale Deed

There is a property in New Delhi, the GPA holder is Mr. A (Died in 2004), there is another paper which says "Agreement", now in this agreement it says that the owner is Mrs B W/o Late Mr. A. They both have three children, say Mr. C (Son) , Mrs. D (Daughter) & Mr. E (Son). Mr. E created some malicious circumstances and got a Relinquishment deed in his favor signed by all the legal heirs of Late Mr. A (His Mother, Brother & Sister). Furthermore, using that relinquishment deed he plans to execute a gift or sale deed in favour of his wife or probably has already executed it. Now my question is can this relinquishment deed or the Gift/Sale Deed be challenged in court on the basis of this Agreement, because the agent who got this relinquishment deed done had told to conceal this agreement from the Registrar. What is the legal position in this?

Answers (3)

Yes, both the relinquishment deed and the sale/gift deed can be challenged in the courts.
You would however, need to show some evidence of coercion, undue influence exerted by Mr E to force/ induce the other legal heirs to sign off their interest in the property first place. You would then have to institute a suit for partition and challenge the validity of the instrument leading to a transfer of property. You can contact me for any further discussion regarding this matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes the Relinquishment Deed/ Gift/ Sale Deed can be challenged.
It can be challenged not only on the ground that there is an AGREEMENT in the name of Mrs. B, but on various other grounds viz, signatures of other legal heirs being forged etc.
You can approach the court and seek cancellation of the document as well as declaration that Mrs. B is the owner of the property and also seek injunction against Mr. E

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Who has the possession of the suot property in this case?
Is the agreement registered or not?
I have to see the papers for full details.
you need to file appropriate civil suit in this regard.
For more information feel free to have a word with me

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I am Naveen, 43yrs age. I have an younger brother who is 39yrs age. We have been living in our house, which was given as a gift deed to my mother, by …

Read More

Sir, What is definition is punya udak grant. A property is given by jaipur ruler in punya udak grant since 1823 samvat. Could this property take by go…

Read More

My Aunt has got into a registered sale agreement to sell her agricultural land. Even after 4 months the purchaser is not coming forward for registrati…

Read More

I'm the only son with 3 sisters all are married my mother (Hindu) purchased house property on her name she died 2yrs back, now i want to transfer …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue