Property succession after my and benificary mentioned in will's death

In Property Law
I am a married hindu female without kids. I have a FD, a house and land given to me by my father. After my death I want my husband to be beneficiary of these. However once he is deceased I want my sister's daughter to have all this and not my husband's heirs.How can i dot his?

Answers (3)

78 votes

Dear Querist,
You will have to get a will drafted by an experienced lawyer .
But once you bequeathed a property to your heir/beneficiary you cannot control/decide it further. The beneficiary will have right to deal and dispose such property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

88 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You will have to make a Will;
2. You will have to write the same down;
3. You will also mention the conditions of one predeceasing the other as stated by you;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
57 votes

Respected madam,
Good afternoon

If you wish to transfer your property after your death to your husband then you can make your WILL for that purpose

in will you can put clause that if your husband pre decease you than that property can go to your sister's dayghter

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles