property rights in huf after husbands death

All of sudden my husband expired on 2 sept. 2015.I want to know what is my legal right On property in huf and the property in his name.kindly advice me.father in law,mother in law, one brother in law are there in my in laws family.please let me know about my legal rights

Answers (3)

281 votes

Madam, in your situation you will have a right to the properties in your husbands name. As for the joint family property you have a right to maintenance from the share of your husband. If the same are denied to you a civil suit for appropriate reliefs may be filed in court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

181 votes

Dear Client, did your husband leave any will?? Do you have children if yes, how many ?? There are many questions , which are to be answered . I shall guide you about your legal rights. Is the property a self acquired property? Does your father in law executed any document in favour of your husband ? There are legal rights as per our Law of succession . But to advise you accurately I need more details .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
88 votes

Dear Concerned,
Please accept my condolence on the sudden demise of your Husband.
I shall appreciate if you can further clarify about certain facts and provide further information. However, may I advise you at this stage that subject to certain conditions, if the property had fallen to the share of your husband or was in his name, you, and your kids, have the first right over the said property as Class I heirs under the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. Further, depending upon the facts and documents of of your case, the law laid down by the courts may also help you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles