Property owner's family member's sign to legalize sale deed

I'm buying a land. This Land is registered in the name of a woman. She has husband and children. While registering Land in my name, is it necessary to get the signature of her husband and children on sale deed? I was informed that if I didn't get their( children/ husband) signatures on Sale deed, they can get back their Land on Legal grounds

Answers (3)

153 votes

if the property is her self acquired property you need not to get the signatures of any others or else you need to obtain signatures of all others as witnesses as if the property is devolved upon her as a coparcenor

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

If the owner of the property alone is the lady in whose name title came from and it is the women from whom you are taking then she alone is the owner and it will not be required to sign from his legal heir. However you can ask them to join in witnesses. You can take a written legal opinion from us. Call us through website for assistance

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
148 votes

Without examine the documents it is not good to give opinion because whether she acquired limited interest or absolutely right or conditional right or ostensible owner can be ascertain only after examine the documents. If she acquired though sale deed you can purchase directly from her and to prevent future problems you should conduct an enquiry regarding her financial position

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles