Property of great grandfather will be considered as ancestral property

My great grandfather had acquired certain land, which is devolved to my grandfather then to my father. Whether the said land is ancentral land? whether I have any right in such land? What is the ratio if I have a brother and a sister...?

Hi. Any property held (I assume the querist is a Hindu) upto 4 generations from the ancestor becomes an ancestral property. That is property held by great grandfather, grandfather, father and present generation. So your property is an ancestral property. It's a coparcenary property in which all the members or coparcenors have equal share in property by birth itself. In your case your brother and sister and yourself alongwith your father and grandfather (if latter two are alive) all have equal share in property. Daughters are entitled to equal share in coparcenary property on and from 2005 regardless of the date of birth of the daughter I.e. regardless of the daughter being born prior to 2005. So all of you have equal share in property. Thanx.

Yes it is, ratio will depend upon the members, provide me a family tree,I. e from your great grandfather till now I will let you know then. Without it I can't be able to make out......................