Property of grandmother occupied by one of my uncle

After grandmothers death, her apartment is disputed. She had three sons. My father,the eldest. Second died and third is in US. He returned to perform the rituals with us.It was decided that the apartment will be divided into two parts between my dad and him as dead uncles family does not want a share.Within a week he sold the furniture present in the house and took the money. Now the youngest son has changed the lock moreover he has given the power of attorney to his brother in law without informing my dad.There is no will. What should be our next course of action? We are Hindu

Answers (1)

334 votes

First of all, you must issue a legal notice for partition against all the legal heirs and give them time of 15 days to comply with your legal demands. On failure, you may prosecute them and sue them for partition suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles