Property not distributed evenly

I am a 32 year old girl. My father has transferred assets on my brothers name. He did not give any part to his three daughters. I have a doubt on my brother than he has forcefully got it done. I want to check the property papers whether they have forged signatures of we three sisters. How to obtain the papers. I am currently living separately from my parents and brother. And what else can be done in this case.

Answers (2)

88 votes

You can ask them to show you the papers. But are the parents alive?

If he is alive then it is his wish whatever he wants to do.

If he is not then whether he has made any will?

Please provide answers to all these questions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You can approach the registrar and ask for copies of the same;
2. If the same is not provided, you can file a partition suit;
3. If you believe that forgery gas been done then file an FIR;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles