Property issue regarding a land on my fathers name

HI Ajay I have a query regarding a land on my fathers name. My grand father owned a land which got transferred to my dads name after his death. now there is a 3rd person a far relative who is claiming that he owns a share in that land and filed a case in the court claiming his name to be added in the property. anything we can do? can the claim get rejected in the court ? if yes how?? or fighting against the case in the court is the only option??

Answers (2)

262 votes

You will have to fight in court to stop your relative from claiming the property.
He may file false cases but you should fight and represent in court as to how he is not entitled to any property.
You may have to file criminal cases also as part of your legal plan.
Who is in possession of property?
If you are not in possession then immediately secure your possession of property .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

You have no option but to contest and contest fiercely otherwise you may lose the land because if you do not do so he may get ex parte decree.
As per your statements above he won't succeed but you have to defend it and reply to summons written statements etc. to be filed in time. In short YOU HAVE TO CONTEST.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles