Property in Russia of native Russian residing in Mumbai.

My friend has a property in Russia, Irkutsk, she's a native Russian but currently residing in Mumbai on a tourist visa, she's selling her Irkutsk house, the issue is she can't go there to do the paperwork and rest formalities whatever concerns between the buyer and the seller, she wants do it from here, tho her Russian mother could handle all the paperwork and transactions on behalf of her. The question is does her mother has to have POA from her daughter to do all the paperwork? What way can she make a Power of attorney from Mumbai, India and give it to her mother to deal all the paperwork ?

Answers (2)

203 votes

Your friend can execute a Power of Attorney in favour of her Russian mother in Mumbai by appearing before and executing Power of Attorney in the office of Russian Embassy. She will have to mention all the details in respect of the said property. Her Russian mother need not come to Mumbai. Once executed, she will have to send it to Russia by courier and her mother can handle all paperwork as a legal attorney.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

Your friend can initiate Power of Attorney in favor of her mother by getting it attested through the embassy here in India. The document should be cautiously drafted to leave no room for any dispute and it will be valid throughout the transaction.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles