Property dealer fraudulently sells the same plot to 2 different people

Sir I have purchased a property ( as plot no 13 )in 2015 , and have constructed a factory over That place and have been doing my business work since then , but now in 2018 a person claims that it's his land and he had purchased it in 2012 named as plot no 14 , the dealer did the fraud later on we found that , he sold the same land two times with different names plot no 13 ( for me where my factory is currently running )and plot no 14 ( for the another person who bought it in 2012) And I have all my factory license and registration done on that land with my address i.e plot no 13 Please guide me what should I do ?

Answers (2)

61 votes

You are a bonafide purchaser for value- it is advised that you firstly file an FIR against the seller.

Secondly and most importantly, file a suit for declaration and permanent injunction on the basis of the sale deed. Since the possession vests with you- you seem to have a prima facie case- it would not be difficult to get an ad interim injunction in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

Immediately file a FIR against the dealer under 420 IPC at Police Station and have that agent arrested. Then for resolution of ownership approach the Permenant Lol Adalat and File an Injunction Suit for stopping the previous owner from coercive steps for claiming ownership as the land is in dispute .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles