Property Ceased by Collector. Ceased Order on the name of Prev. Owner

Hello, I purchased a house in Indore on 4/3/2017 from Mrs. XXX with all legal formalities like agreement,paper advertisement, legal search and valuation. Property hypothecated with Central Bank of India. After Purchasing of property there is a case filed by investors of MRS. XXX company and order passed by Indore Collector on 28/10/2017 , property was ceased by SDM without any notice or publication. We are having registered Deed. We objected infront of collector by written, but no progress till date (approx 3 months). Please advice, can we launch a plea in Highcourt or suggest appropriate steps. We are out of house and paying home loan emi too. Thanks in advance.

Answers (3)

86 votes

Better to wait for review of collector then after if not in your favour then you may proceed to higher courts........................................................?...................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

213 votes

You have two remedies. 1 . you can file a case in real estate authority against the seller of the property . 2. you can appeal against the order of collector in the Civil court of indore for wrongly ceasing the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
293 votes

Dear Sir/Ma'm, The appropriate steps that can be taken in the matter are filing a Writ Petition before the High Court, filing a civil suit for declaration, injunction and recovery of possession, or filing an OA before the Debt Recovery Tribunal. The most appropriate step will, however, depend upon the nature of the order passed by the Collector, Indore and certain other relevant information, should you chose to share with us. The most important advise I can give you at this stage is that you should take legal action at the earliest as it is already 3 months from the date of passing of the Order by Collector, Indore.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles