Property and second lady matter

My father(age68)passed away last month. He was not staying with us from last 7 years and was staying with a lady (age 49)without any divorce. Their address was not known to us in later years we were in touch with our father on phone as he was suffering from diabetes from last 25 years and we use to worry for him. Form 4th day since our father died we found a suspicious behaviour of that lady. Today I came to know that lady had taken out around 3 lacs amount after his death through his ATM card . Only me and my elder sister were joint holder. we need guidance regarding succession certificate.

Answers (2)

329 votes

That lady who had widraw 3 lacks ruppess after your father death you can do criminal procedding against that lady.
In case of sucession you have legally entitle for money of your father .
In case of property you can also apply for decliration in the court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

345 votes

if that lady is not a legally wedded wife of your father then you and your sister can file an application for substituting the title in favor of your sister and you. if that lady had contracted marriage with your father then she can claim her share from the property under your father's name..

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles