Procedure to transfer property from one owner to another

1)Can wife transfer her property to husband (2) if possible on which ground (SALE are Gift are any other grounds) it will transfer (3) if the property is transferred he will be able to SALE, MORTGAGE,GIFT to anybody

Answers (2)

210 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From ; Hyderabad, @

Yes wife can transfer the property to her husband through Sale Deed or Gift Deed both options are available and same property will be can be transfer to anybody by the Husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

211 votes

Hello Sir / Madam, Immovable property can be alienated or transferred by the lawful owner in many forms.If the property is owned by you and you can alienate the so called property by sale or gift or will etc.The major difference between the Sale and Gift is that Sale is for a lawful consideration (Money) whereas Gift is given out of natural love and affection. And Both sale and Gift comes into force immediately and both are to be compulsorily regrettable under Registration Act 1908 and Will is a non testamentary instrument which comes into effect only on the death of the Donor.A Persian can make any number of wills in favour of any persons during his life time and only the Last will before the death shall.prevail.Registraion of Will is optional.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles