Procedure to transfer property from father's name to mother's name

My father is died two months before and he is having own property.He had give n original registration documents to some one but that guy didn't remember where he kept the documents . what is the procedure to transfer property from father name to mother name ? How to get original documents from registration office with out my father ?

Answers (2)

264 votes

You can always get certified copies of documents from the jurisdictional registration office if you are having proper reference details. If the originals are sale deeds then you have to ask the same person to search them, because it can not be re created.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

343 votes

First you need to give a complaint to your jurisdictional police station saying the original deed s lost. Your father property will be equally divided among his children and wife so if you all want the property to stand in your mother name then relinquish your right and register that relinquishment deed. Then though can get all revenue documents registered in your mother name.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

i am co owner of a property with my mother. but she is not willing to give me the deed or any copy of that deed. what should i do to archive it?…

Read More

Hi, I live overseas. My parents have property in kerala (10 cent) that they owned for 35 yrs. For the past 10 yrs they staying abroad too. Now they pl…

Read More

Can i do this through agreement paper? Or something else... Plese sugeest me..…

Read More

I have booked an under-construction flat in Kolkata in Aug 2015. Now I am going to do the registration. I have taken home-loan from SBI. I have made a…

Read More