Procedure to sell ancestral property registered in father's name

Dear sir,my father passed away on 2016, on his property his name is M. sree ramulu s/o Narayanappa his Aadhar card M. Sree Rama Murthy s/o Narayanappa ( same also death certificate). We want to sell his ancestors property. My mother, my brother,my sister and me are alive Please advise me a solution

Ancestral properties follow a different method of succession from self acquired properties under the Hindu Succession Act (am assuming here that you are hindu by religion). Please note that there would be other persons related to you who may have a share in the property since it is ancestral in nature. You would have rights only over the share/proportion of the ancestral property that your father would have held. Also i notice that there is a difference in the name of the deceased in the various documents. It would be better to also get an affidavit done [duly notarized] stating that the two names refer to the same person.