Procedure to protect the house from being transferred without consent

My uncle have transferred our house in his name from my grandmother's name by my grandmother.My grand father have built the house in my grand mother's name.My father is eldest son of my grandmother's.My uncle did not inform about transformation of the house.My father is 70 years old.My uncle and grandmother both expired last year.Now my aunty forcing my father to sell the house.My father lives in the house for 30 years.Now what should we can do to protect the house?My aunt's has a seperate house.They lives there for 30 years.

Answers (1)

349 votes

As the house was in the name of your grandmother and she transferred the property long back in favour of your uncle. And during the lifetime of your uncle and grandmother your father had not raised any question.
Now at this stage and time your question of ownership over the title of the property will not sustain.
The only thing you can do is to acquire the possession.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles