Procedure to get true copy of registry of deceased father's property

I want to get the true copy of the registry of my father's property who is now no more. The lawyer in south Delhi who can help me, Plz contact soon.

Answers (2)

54 votes

You can visit the sub-registrar’s office where the property was registered. You should have supporting documents that show ownership, such as xerox, utility bills, etc. If its your father's then you will have to file an FIR and append the copy with the application. Apply for a copy at the concerned sub-registrar's office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

59 votes

You can get the property depending on if your father left behind a will and if not then in that case and intestate succession would take place in court or else the will can be probated by paying the 7% duty

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles