Procedure to get patta for property having registered pathname

06-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
I'm living in a house with some empty land more than 21 years... I've registered pathname but not having patta.. How do I get patta..
Answers (2)

Answer #1
973 votes
You have not mentioned whether the land is a public land or private land . If it is a private land by staying for more than 12 years you can claim right over that land and it is for the other party to prove that you do not have right . But if it is a government land your action constitutes encroachment and you can be thrown out .
People also ask

Can we sell our plot to government?

You can sell your land directly to the government by either offering it at a public sale or by negotiating with the agency interested in purchasing the land.

Can we buy government land in India?

You should be aware of the many considerations and conditions you need to take into account when buying land through government schemes, such as the eligibility criteria, your domicile status and the lease period. The state retains ownership of land that is leased by the government. You cant buy government land to make money.

Can we sell government allotted land in India?

You can sell your property if there is no stay order issued by any court, provided that you have the mother deed as well as all other documents. A. The Patta Land will be allocated with the condition that it should not be sold in 30 years, or any other period stipulated for such land allocation.

Answer #2
633 votes
For getting patta you will have to approach the concerned officer with all the documents and to prove that you are the owner of the said property. Mere living in the house for some years will not be a ground to get patta as a matter of right. Therefore you must have records to show that you are the owner of the particular land for which you are seeking patta.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."