Procedure to get my floor desealed by MCD legally

My residential first floor has been sealed by mcd in south delhi thinking that it was being used for commercial activities. How can i get it desealed. Or what's the procedure for the same.

Answers (2)

281 votes

Hello. for your house to be desealed you need documentary proof that this is your residential property and prove them otherwise as to what led them to believe it was used for a commercial purpose.
Kindly note, approach the MCD at the earliest by directly visiting them at their office and meet the staff and they will guide you with the appropriate person.
If you want to take the legal route, you can file a writ in the High Court against this action of the MCD. However, it is advisable you settle the matter with them. if no action is taken by the office of MCD. Serve them with a legal notice for their action and seek damages for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

As of now only supreme Court and the monitoring committee with the MCD has the power to deseal the property.
this thing has been clarified in the recent MC Mehta case wherein the Supreme Court has given specific directions that no such application or petition shall be entertained by any court except the supreme court or the Monitoring committee

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles