Procedure to get daughters right in fathers property

I am Hindu women, My Father expired in 2013, my brother is not giving my share in my fathers property, i want to file a legal case for getting my share. We have 2 open plots, i know the address of one property but i do not know the address of the 2nd property, i know in which area it is but i don't know the exact address. My brother is not sharing the details of the property. Please help me how to proceed in this situation.

Answers (3)

245 votes

Don't worry. You can take all legal steps to secure your land in respect of 50% share of your deceased father. Your brother has no legal rights whatsoever to retain the entire share of your father's property. First you need to issue a legal notice to your brother, simultaneously he can be hauled up for IPC violations.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

317 votes

You have to file a suit in the district court claiming your share of your father's property against your brother. File an interim application for an order restraining him from dealing with the property till the final disposal of the suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
266 votes

You have equal right like your brother to your fathers property and find out whether your father had written a will and if he has written a will it has to be probated . If there is no will take legal steps for getting your share in the property .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles