Procedure to get ancestral land back from purchaser.

Hello, my grandfather gave a land to my father and other land to my uncle but my uncle was staying in our land from last 15 yr. Electricity bill are still coming to the name of my father. My dad and uncle is no more now. I want my land but cousin brothers are not giving me back. They all have their properties but still they are not giving me ny property back. What should i do?

Answers (2)

144 votes

sir according to the the hindu property act it tells that you have all the right of your father property and if they are not giving your property then you can file a suit against it in the court.....

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

263 votes

Hello, these kind of disputes requires proper look put through documents. no one can claim a property untill and inless they have title to it. Firstly if the property belonged to your grandfather then ypu have to bring in the documents concerning his title over it and secondly if he has given it to his son that is your father and uncle than whether the title was transferred or just possession. Al these things nees to be looked into than only your question can be answered.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We are a Hindu Family. My Grand father expired in 1993 leaving behind One Son(My Father) and a Daughter(My Bhuva). He left behind a detailed Will base…

Read More

My father is having two wives. My mother is second wife. I am 26 years old. my brother is 31 years old. In Ancestor property First wife and her kids a…

Read More

My query is for an Ancestral Property where Dayabhaga Law is followed. My Grandfather had expired in 1965 leaving behind a property which was register…

Read More

My grandmother purchased a house in 1993 from her relatives now they are claiming on our property claiming that we never sold it what shall we do they…

Read More