Procedure to divide property between brothers by mother

we have a house in Lucknow, the upper portion is of my mother and groud floor is of my aunt. I have want to know the process , if my mother wants to divide her share between me and my brother.

Answers (2)

342 votes

Prior to share division between you and your brother it is necessary to know that the property in question has been legally divided between your mother and aunt. If there is no dispute regarding property share between your mother and aunt then your mother can be divide a property between both of you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

You will have to file a suit for partition before the Civil Court, Lucknow. One of you may get to keep the house and another gets the money. Or you both get to keep the house jointly by registering it in your names.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Myself  my father's brothers are 4 members but my father was no more all property in my father's name only,but my elder brothers did forg…

Read More

My mother was owning property of 5 bigha of forming land, we have two real brother. When i was of 5 years my mother left me alone in this world. My bi…

Read More

Sir my question is my father is four brother and my grandpa is expired and family settlement of property is done in presence of grandpa 40 year before…

Read More

We are living in a bungalow which was constructed 21 years ago . All the 4 Brothers including my father paid for land and construction of Bungalow but…

Read More