Procedure to claim share in property in presence of will.

My mother passed away in 2002 without making a will..i am married,my sister is also married and my father stays with us. My sister is not signing the relenquent deed in my father's favour..what can be done..please advice.

Answers (2)

79 votes

The property is ofcourse divided between the son and daughter of deceased female. Your sister has absolute right on the property unless she waives her right to property then it may come to you or secondly upon heirs of husband I.e. your father. You can still go for suit for partition so that property gets equal shares between 3 of you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

I need more details for the case...
You can file suit for partition...
i need to know where the property is situated...
You can contact me for further assistance
Or you can meet me at my chamber in tis hazari court.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles