Procedure to claim share in property for which will has been made

MY brother has made my father will completely in his favour for all his movable and immovable property he had... I am the only sibling of my brother.. can I claim for the property share even if the will is in his name...I am Hindu by religion

Answers (2)

291 votes

If the property was self acquired of your father only then he could executed a Will in favour of your brother , even then you can chhalanged the Will by filing a suit for declartion in civil court where the property is situated. If your brother failed to prove the same you will get an equal share. If the property was acquired by your father from your grandfather then it is a ancestral prporty , you have share in the proerty and can claim the same as a matter of right.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

You have file probate of Will I'm District Court, and if court grants probate of Will then in that case all the properties mentioned in Will be in your name. No any office or authority may take objection of Will thereafter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles