Procedure to claim ownership over land without valid documents

Hy i belong to a muslim family. 30 years ago my grandfather bought a land for living from a dalit family. That family was in a good relation with my family so there was no legal proof of transferring of land. Now my grandfather and also the person who transferred the land had been dead. The son of that person who transferred the land is now denying that this land belong to us and they are opening alcholic shops beside my house which is made on that land. My father is unable to do anything because of he will do so they will claim on this land which is ours what can i do to apply ownership for my land? I have papers of this land but our name is not registered in the paper. Please suggest any idea what can i do?

Answers (1)

242 votes

On the above-mentioned queries you will made a deed of relinquishment illegally dated last 30 years. Then file the declaration suit for this land and deed of relinquishment. If any difficulty then contact Lawrato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles