Procedure to buy property owned by deceased person with legal hiers

I am planning to buy property where owner has deceased and she has 4 childrens 3 sisters are agreed to sell there portions leaving 4th part is left to his brother. Actually sisters and brother do not have good relationship and they are not talking with each other. Is it acceptable to sell 3 girls 3/4 share to me leaving 1/4th to his brother.

Answers (2)

it is a problem as per the provisions of the partition act, 1860 the coparcenor is having a preferential right over the third party as the coparcenors must offer the schedule property for sale of dwelling house to the coparcenor

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

Yes you can buy the share of 3 sister but property is properly partitioned which accept by all 3 sister and brother if they accept the partitioned then you can buy 3 sisters share, leaving share of the brother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My father expired recently. He devorced my mom and married another woman who is also a devorced lady. She also have a minor son, who is not born for m…

Read More

We are seven brothers and one sister. We living separately with our family in Bagnan, Howrah. My father and mother died almost 10years ago. But all pr…

Read More

My uncle's son  received Rs. 20 lakhs from me to pay for the loan that he received from the Repco Bank, Dindigul. He got the loan from bank o…

Read More

Sir, one person had taken 20000 (cost of land) and signed on panchanama agreeing that he would do registry anytime( in 1984).,but now he is telling un…

Read More