Procedure of partition and enforcing oral partition

Property in question located in several areas in one city. In one such area maukhik ghar batwaara (oral partition) was carried out and effected between my father and his brother in 1984. After several years my father’s brother expired (2001). His surviving family and my father continued to enjoy the ghar batwaara arrangements till 2007.At this year they conveyed that the ghar bat waara between their father and my father is not acceptable to them. Our reply was Not accepting this is out of question. So the ghar batwaara staus here remains as was done between the brothers (my father and his brother), yes the partition of the remaining area, can be done. Now they are not agreeing to this, The entire property including the one where ghar batwaara was effected is in joint names in revenue records (kaha khtauni). Please tell us ways and means to legally enforce the maukhik ghar batwaara. And keeping this ghar batwaara as it is, how to partition the remaining property.

Answers (1)

219 votes

We can think of filing a suit for partition and cab get the properties partitioned on the basis of the oral settlement arrived between the parties previously. There are judgments of the supreme court supporting this

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles